Walnut and Banana Bread – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Yeast Free
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 3 large Eggs (free range organic)
- 1 pinch himalayan or sea salt
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley (chopped)
- Grind the nuts and add to a mixing bowel, add the baking powder and mix well.
- Blend the banana, olive oil, eggs and honey on slow in a food processor. Stir into the nuts. Line a bread tin with parchment paper. Empty contents into the bread tin.
- Bake in oven on 180 for 25-30 minutes. Check if cooked throughout by sticking a knife into a few different places. If cooked, the knife should come out clean.
Walnuts are extremely nutrient dense, they are a wonderful source of vitamin E, manganese, copper, phosphorus, and magnesium. They are one of the few nuts to contain omega 3 fatty acids, and alpha linolenic acid. A rich source of protein, and dietary fibre with no dietary cholesterol.