Everyone experience bloating at one time or another, but some people experience it more often than others. Often times there’s no cause for concern. However if bloating becomes significant, causes lots of pain, is experienced every week or has been ongoing for several months or even years, then it’s of paramount importance to investigate the root cause.
When gas doesn’t move quickly enough out of the body through the digestive system, it can cause bloating and discomfort. Such gas is often unintentionally swallowed while eating, or produced by gut bacteria during digestion. Here are some simple tips to help release gas and overcome normal bloating;
- Ginger has long been used as an effective natural treatment for bloating. It is a traditional remedy for bloating backed up by science. Natural Treatment for Bloating in order to overcome bloating, one can sip on ginger tea or take a ginger capsule before a meal.
- Bringing change to your food habits also helps in overcoming bloating. One should eat food slowly and chew it thoroughly, ideally sat at a table.
- It has been observed in studies Click Here that cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli, can cause a buildup of gas. These healthy vegetables contain sulfur-containing phytochemicals called glucosinolates and raffinose which can cause bloating. These are otherwise healthy vegetables but can increase bloating in certain individuals. This is often due to SIBO, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. Ruling out SIBO as a cause of bloating can put an end to bloating once and for all. The temporary avoidance of highly fermentable vegetables and other foods should be avoided until the SIBO has cleared, with either natural medicine or antibiotics. We do not condone the avoidance of these healthful foods for long periods of time, as they are extremely beneficial foods for the health of the gut and gut microbiome.
- Beans have a reputation for giving rise to gas and bloating due to the presence of the indigestible carbohydrates raffinose and stachyose. Hence, it is recommended to soak beans overnight if possible before cooking, and ensure they are completely cooked. If you’re new to beans, then introduce them gradually so as you can build up the correct bacteria to deal with the fermentation they cause.
- Peppermint has been used as an Effective Natural Treatment for Bloating for hundreds of years. Peppermint can be taken in tablet, capsule form or pure oil added to water and taken throughout the day to beat bloating. Peppermint tea is also very effective at relieving temporary gas.
Nowadays, it is easy to connect with nutritionists, they often provide online consultations through many online platforms.
Whether you are facing severe bloating, obesity or other issues, most reputed nutritional therapists nowadays provide nutrition online consultation, so you can video call or chat with a nutritionist for best diet and nutrition advice to help you overcome your bloating and other gastrointestinal symptoms so as you can regain control of your life and start to live the life you truly desire.
If you have chronic gut issues, it’s best to connect with a Nutritional Therapist or Functional Medicine Practitioner who specialises in Gut Health.