Beetroot Beany Stew – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Yeast Free
- 1 cup borlotti beans
- 3 or 1 small/large beetroot diced into small pieces
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 4 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Add the beetroot, onion and black beans to a small pan, add one cup of boiling water.
- Add tamari, balsamic, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for 1 hour, or until beetroot has softened.
- Spoon some of the mixture into a bowl to reserve as the stew.
- Season with Himalayan pink salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid, and a good source of fibre, manganese and potassium. Beet greens and roots are a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamin B6.
Beetroots have a stimulating effect on the liver’s detoxification process. Contain betacyanin a powerful cancer fighting agent.
(Murray, Pizzorno and Pizzorno, 2008)