Beetroot and Black Bean Burger – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Yeast Free
- 1 cup borlotti beans
- 3 or 1 small/large beetroot diced into small pieces
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 4 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Blend 1 cup of walnuts on high for 30 seconds or until grounded.
- Add walnuts and 1tbsp of buckwheat flour to the beetroot mixture in the pan, stir well.
- Form into burgers and lay out on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven 150 degrees 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid, and a good source of fibre, manganese and potassium. Beet greens and roots are a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamin B6.
Beetroots have a stimulating effect on the liver’s detoxification process. Contain betacyanin a powerful cancer fighting agent.
(Murray, Pizzorno and Pizzorno, 2008)