The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists. Its primary function is to assist its members in attaining the highest standards of integrity, knowledge, competence and professional practice, in order to protect the client’s interests, nutritional therapy and the Nutritional Therapist.
BANT’s mission is to:
- act as a professional body for nutritional therapy practitioners and those working in the wider application of nutritional science;
- promote high standards of education, training, practice and integrity in the nutrition profession;
- promote the application of nutrition science for optimum health, disease prevention and patient care;
- work towards the goal of having nutritional therapy available to all on the National Health Service.
CNHC is the UK voluntary regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners that was set up with government support to protect the public. CNHC holds a UK register of practitioners who have met national standards. CNHC’s register has been approved as an Accredited Voluntary Register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA). This means CNHC has met the PSA’s demanding standards. All CNHC registered practitioners are entitled to use CNHC’s quality mark which demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and high standards. As the UK regulator and Accredited Voluntary Register the public and those who commission the services of complementary healthcare practitioners can choose with confidence, by looking for the CNHC quality mark.
THE PROFESSIONAL BODY FOR NUTRITIONAL THERAPISTS
- Nutritional therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of optimum health and peak performance, disease prevention and patient care.
- The primary function of BANT is to assist its members in attaining the highest standards of integrity, knowledge, competence and professional practice, in order to protect the client’s interests, nutritional therapy and the Nutritional Therapist.
- BANT members are qualified in both the science of nutrition as well as clinical practice.
- BANT promotes the activities, training and continuing professional development and recommend our practitioners keep fully updated in their profession. We also insist they are fully insured to practise.
- BANT was set up as a Company Limited by Guarantee in February 1997. It is a non-profit organisation funded neither by pharmaceutical, agrochemical, commercial or government agencies but by member subscriptions and donations.
- BANT promotes high standards of education in Nutritional Therapy and high standards of practice and ethics within the profession.
- BANT acts as a professional body overseeing the activities, training and Continuing Professional Development of its practitioners.
- BANT has a governing council of eight people, some of who may be non-members but whose professional experience lies in the medical, scientific or educational area of nutritional science.
- BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics and the BANT Profess
- BANT has a UK-wide network of area co-ordinators who organise support for local practitioners.
I-ACT Code of Ethics
The International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy (I-ACT) membership recognizes the many and varied approaches to the age-old profession of Colon Hydrotherapy. Therefore, we subscribe to the following basic tenets regarding our profession and vow to uphold them to the best of our ability to achieve a common, mutual awareness within the Colon Hydrotherapy field:
- The health, welfare, and comfort of our clients is our primary concern. We will treat our clients as we would treat ourselves.
- We will obtain a good, basic education in colon hydrotherapy and will assist schools in maintaining the highest standard of education for this purpose.
- We recognize the ever-changing nature of, approach to, and attitude towards health care. We will continue our education accordingly thereby keeping abreast of all new developments and advancements in this field.
- We will share our knowledge and awareness with others in the Colon Hydrotherapy profession.
- We recognize the necessity of maintaining a professional relationship with health care practitioners in other fields and of keeping pace with the latest developments in health care.
- We will work as Colon Hydrotherapists as our education and training allows and demands and we will not infringe upon other professions we are not qualified to practice.
- We honour this profession and promise to uphold these tenants. If our work in Colon Hydrotherapy does not uphold this standard of professionalism, we will leave the profession to those who can.
RICTAT Code of Ethics
The International Association and Register of Integrative Colon Therapists and Trainers is the fastest-growing professional association of approved, qualified and insured colon hydrotherapy consultants and therapists in the UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
RICTAT is the leader in developing and implementing integrative colon therapy training standards. We advocate the highest levels of hygiene, practice and equipment maintenance and patient care. Our goal is to integrate colon hydrotherapy into the mainstream medical practice and to educate our patients and clients in digestive self-maintenance.
RICTAT members adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and are bound to a minimum annual input of continued professional development, thus ensuring public confidence and security.
All members of this International Register of Integrative Colon Therapists and Trainers all share these beliefs:
- As colon hydro therapists we believe that achieving and maintaining the optimal digestive function is inseparable from emotional and mental health.
- We integrate colon hydrotherapy with other healing modalities in the best interest of our clients and patients, through our referral network of experienced practitioners.
- To be effective, healing must be individualized to the person, taking into consideration their personality, heath status, insights, beliefs, past experiences and circumstances.
- Our role is to remove barriers to healing by empowering our patients and clients to actively participate in their own health management. Therefore we must provide them with the knowledge and skills to meet their physical and emotional needs and actively manage their own health.
- We use the safest equipment and disposables in our treatments and actively maintain high standards of hygiene and safety.ALL OUR THERAPISTS USE DISPOSABLE CLIENT EQUIPMENT.It is our intention to make sure that by 2015 non-disposable specula are completely eliminated from colon hydrotherapy treatments.
- We focus predominantly on health promotion and disease prevention in our practice.
We believe that continuing professional development is essential to our growth as therapists, and we undertake to contribute at least 30 hours per each subscription year to upgrading our professional qualifications..